Knutsford Amateur Swimming Club (KASC)
Knutsford Leisure Centre, Westfield Drive, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0BL
We are appealing to any parent who would be interested in taking-on the role of Welfare Officer at Knutsford Vikings. Our current Welfare Officer, Louise Thomas, has been appointed ASA Representative/New Members Secretary, which precludes her from continuing in the role.
This is a perfect position for any parent who is keen to get a little more involved and learn more about the Club. The main responsibilities are:
· To ensure that the club remains compliant with Wavepower - the ASA’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures document
· To be the first point of contact for Club staff, volunteers, swimmers and parents, for any issues concerning child welfare, poor practice or potential or alleged abuse
· To ensure that ASA Wavepower procedures for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers are followed.
· To ensure that all appropriate existing staff or volunteers have an up-to-date DBS Enhanced Disclosure, as well as the opportunity to access appropriate child safeguarding training
· To sit on the club management committee to advise on child safeguarding issues or be in attendance as necessary.
The position of Welfare Officer is a vital role within the Club and the Committee would be most grateful to anyone who would be interested in, or finding out more about this role
To express your interest please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact Us facilities on the club website.
Equity Policy Statement in the Swim 21 documents
Knutsford Vikings swimming club is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following (Amateur Swimming Association) ASA and Sport England definitions of sports equity:
- Sports Equity is about faireness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport. This will be regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- The Club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity
- The Club will deal seriously with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour accoring to club disciplinary procedures
|Day||Start time||End||Allows||Allocated Swimmers||Costing|
|Sunday||15-30 UTC||16-00 UTC||19||Transition|
|15-30 UTC||16-00 UTC||11||Transition|
|16-00 UTC||16-30 UTC||34||Development group|
|16-30 UTC||17-30 UTC||27||Junior squad|
|17-30 UTC||19-00 UTC||34||Senior squad|
|Tuesday||18-30 UTC||19-30 UTC||22||Development extras|
|18-30 UTC||19-00 UTC||11||Transition extras|
|19-00 UTC||19-30 UTC||5||Transition extras|
|19-30 UTC||21-00 UTC||31||Senior squad extras|
|Wednesday||19-30 UTC||21-00 UTC||28||Senior squad extras|
|Thursday||19-00 UTC||20-00 UTC||15||Development extras|
|19-00 UTC||20-00 UTC||21||Junior squad extras|
|20-00 UTC||21-30 UTC||17||Senior squad extras|
|20-00 UTC||21-30 UTC||5||Masters swim|
|Saturday||07-15 UTC||08-45 UTC||31||Senior squad extras|
|08-45 UTC||09-45 UTC||20||Junior squad extras|