Knutsford Amateur Swimming Club (KASC)
Knutsford Leisure Centre, Westfield Drive, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0BL
Important Changes to Knutsford Vikings SC
As you will all know Knutsford Vikings SC (KASC) has been negotiating with Everybody (ESAR) the Trust appointed by Cheshire East Council in attempt to reach a compromise over the swimmers that we can teach and also the pool times that we can secure.
At the meeting I and the three other Officers of the club argued extremely hard for KASC to retain our younger swimmers (Levels 1-7). Given that other clubs in the area have recently agreed with ESAR that they would give them all their younger swimmers it was always going to be difficult. We also argued that swimmers and parents should also be given the choice of who they swim with but even though Cheshire East acknowledged our quality of coaching, ESAR would not compromise on this point and we faced losing all our pool time. We ultimately felt that we had to secure the long term future of the club and we will now work extremely hard with ESAR to ensure the future of swimming in Knutsford.
With just a few weeks until the start of the new term the final outcome is detailed below.
• All the width swimmers (Levels 1-3) who swim on a Saturday morning will need to move to ESAR lessons from the 1st September 2016. We will contact all these people separately.
• All remaining width swimmers (Levels 4-5) who have not progressed to Level 6 will have to move to ESAR during October 2016. The club is committed to progressing as many swimmers as we can.
• All level 6 and 7 swimmers which are the groups that currently swim at 10.30 and 11.00am on a Saturday will need to progress to Level 8 before 1st April 2017 in order to remain with the club.
In addition to the above, there will also be a number of changes to the times that we can swim, which is primarily driven by the fact that ESAR require the bulk of Saturday morning in order to teach the Learn to Swim groups. The new pool times that we have secured will be posted on the website and all swimmers will shortly be contacted so that they know which sessions they can attend.
Please keep a close eye on your emails and the website, so that you know exactly how these changes affect you.
Code of Conduct for Club Officials and Volunteers in the Swim 21 documents
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All club officials and volunteers must:
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club
- Respect other club officials and volunteers and work together as a team
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances
- Report to the lifeguard immediately a swimmer is in distress or hurt so that appropriate action can be taken
- Be familiar with the emergency equipment available and emergency procedures
- Lessons are to start on time
- The Coach in charge of sessions has absolute discretion regarding the removal of any disruptive swimmer from sessions
- In the event that swimmers are disruptive on a continuing basis the Coach is required to report the matter to an officer on the club committee who will deal with the matter in accordance to defined Amateur Swimming Association disciplinary procedures
- Coaches will endeavor to provide parents with updates on their child’s progress and advise on any swimming related problems
|Day||Start time||End||Allows||Allocated Swimmers||Costing|
|Sunday||15-30 UTC||16-00 UTC||18|
|15-30 UTC||16-00 UTC||11|
|16-00 UTC||16-30 UTC||33|
|16-30 UTC||17-30 UTC||29|
|17-30 UTC||19-00 UTC||36|
|Tuesday||18-30 UTC||19-30 UTC||17|
|18-30 UTC||19-00 UTC||0|
|19-00 UTC||19-30 UTC||4|
|19-30 UTC||21-00 UTC||31|
|Wednesday||19-00 UTC||20-30 UTC||3|
|19-30 UTC||21-00 UTC||24|
|Thursday||19-00 UTC||20-00 UTC||22|
|19-00 UTC||20-00 UTC||11|
|20-00 UTC||21-30 UTC||13|
|20-00 UTC||21-30 UTC||1|
|Saturday||07-15 UTC||08-45 UTC||32|
|08-45 UTC||09-45 UTC||23|